Monday, September 10, 2012

Please excuse the small hiatus. I had been having a spot of trouble with my laptop for last few days and it has been a learning experience.

I hadn't realized how attached I had become to my laptop until it has crashed last week. And, unable to live without it even for a day, I decided to get it fixed asap. Feeling a bit feverish due to a lingering cold, I found myself being led down a lonely alley to a 'Mac Showroom' while thinking, this must be how things are done in India...

After exorbitant prices ensued, finding out that my laptop was NOT in the shop the following day, and thus, feeling sick to my stomach with worry... I decided to go to the camera shop down the road and ask the men there who had been very helpful. I was determined to fix this mess.

There is a great camera shop in Connaught Place which processes 120 film. Though it is a bit spotty if they actually have 120 in to purchase, they do have a great collection of old cameras and parts along with Canon Powershots, CF cards ... you name it. Need 120 processed in Delhi? Questions about 8x10s? Ask Pavan at:

Mahatta & Co (since 1915)
59 M Block
Connaught Place
New Delhi, India
mahattaimaging.com
Tel: 4151 7220

There, they were able to find an Apple approved shop for me and only a block away. An hour and a half later, my laptop appeared (BIG sigh of relief), and I promptly took it to:

Future World 
N-9 Outer Circle
Connaught Place
New Delhi, India
Tel: 2335 8555

It was like walking into an Apple Store in the US and the guys there were kind and helpful. Manish, the young chap who had been working on my laptop for the last three days, told me today that it had been fixed. Giving him a big smile, I told him that if we weren't in India, I could have hugged him. Goodness! I think I made him blush! 

What I have learned in the past and need to remember about India is this: not to venture out when not feeling well (or emotional) as things tend to go wrong. You need to have your wits about you at all times!

Laptop up and running now but I wonder if both my laptop and I needed to reboot...



More soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment