Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bollywood at the cinema:

One of the first things that I had to do when I arrived in Mumbai was to go and see a Bollywood film. I had heard from several people that I just had to go and see Ek Tha Tiger (There Was a Tiger) with Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif. 

One the way to the cinema, I popped into a travel agency to ask some questions. There was a girl from Austria there who said that she also wanted to see the film so I invited her along!

We arrived at the theatre, bought tickets for 300 rupees each ($5-6.00 US) and bought a 'meal' for 130 rupees ($2.50 US) that included a coke and two samosas. Meals and drinks, such as a cappuccino, were also available to be delivered to your seat during the movie and intermission. Ek Tha Tiger is a spy thriller that takes place in Iraq, Delhi, Dublin, Istanbul, and Cuba. It had Bourne Identity action and fight sequences, Bollywood song and dance, car chases with volvos, a love story (of course!) and a ferocious pug named Rocket. And, it was really good and so much fun! 

Here are a few of the songs from Ek Tha Tiger. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment