Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome to Hong Kong!

After an 18 hour plus journey, I have arrived in Hong Kong. The descent was beautiful as we flew over little islands and clouds. Pastels of violet and rose shimmered in the mist as the sun began to set.  Then, there was a break in the clouds and the glass city of Hong Kong appeared.


After going through immigration, I said good-bye to my new friend Michelle. We were sitting behind each other on the plane and had met in LAX through another Michelle: three Michelles, how auspicious! I then caught a taxi to Hong Kong Island to meet my dear friends who had just moved to 'Honkers', as they affectionately call it, a year ago. What a wonderful start to the journey!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you back here already! Can't wait to hear more and see more. Glad to hear you arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too, Liora, and wish you were here!!!

    ReplyDelete