Thursday, August 23, 2012

Had a fantastic last two days! Started Day One by exploring Stanley, on the south side of Hong Kong Island. I began by having some dim sum which included a selection of baby greens, steamed bbq pork buns, pan-fried cuttlefish patties, steamed prawn dumplings, steamed vegetable dumpling with gold foil and white jasmine tea.


After lunch, I visited the temple next to the shopping center where I was welcomed to the sweet but earthy smell of incense. Offerings such as oranges, apples, pomelos, dragon fruit and ginger were set in front of the statues as were cups of green tea, sweets, biscuits and flowers.

I then met Anita and her friend Lynda for a 8 km hike on Hong Kong Island.  It had fantastic views over the island and Kowloon.  Gorgeous!


We finished the day with a sushi dinner at Tokio Joes and drinks at Anita's favourite, Wooloomooloo, a roof top bar with stunning views over the city at night.

Day Two:

After some breakfast and cups of tea, Anita and I met Lynda for 15 km hike in Sai Kung (in the New Territories). The MacLehose Trail (Stage Two), started at the reservoir and goes along the coast and into the hills. We passed beaches, little fishing villages and were treated to some stunning views. Tough hike, with lots of steps and hills, but highly recommended!










A much deserved dinner and drinks in Stanley to follow. 

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing your travels in photo form, Michelle! I can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! It sounds amazing over there! so much delicious tea!! Did you see any unusual wildlife on your hikes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying it, Jasmine! More photos and stories to come! I have really been enjoying my point and shoot but I suspect as the trip goes on you'll get a bit of everything.

    It was fantastic, Liora. Unusual animals on the hike? Spiders as big as your hand and cows! And, yes, I had lots and lots of tea!

    ReplyDelete