Friday, August 24, 2012

Last day in Hong Kong!

View from Anita and JP's flat on Tai Tam Road

Anita and I had a nice and relaxing day walking around Central. I had been having a few problems with my Hasselblad right before I left so I searched for someone who I could fix it. Hasselblad trouble in Hong Kong? Bring your cameras to:

Panda Camera Repair Service
1702, Double Building
22 Stanley Street
Hong Kong
Tel: 25229905

I knew we had come to the right place as soon as we had stepped through the door as the shop was chockablock with old cameras. The guy took took everything apart, took a look with his mignifying glass and told me that the shutter was locked (mirror lock). He set everything back and told me that everything was Ok, Ok! As I am still learning my way around my Hasselblad, I was so relieved! He wouldn't accept any compensation for his time and sent me off happy and smiling.

Anita and I then stopped for a quick bite at Mana! which does wraps:

Mana!
92 Wellington Street
Hong Kong

I had one packed with baba ganoush, rocket lettuce, tomato, avocado. There is a little patio in the back with a statue of a yogi that says "All Is One Is All" and fountain with drinking water that says "Free Water For All."

We went home to change for dinner and took some photos of Anita's very beautiful, playful and somewhat cheeky little cat Millie. I think Millie rather enjoyed having her photo taken:


Dinner and drinks were at The American Club in Central.  We met Anita's friend Winnie for drinks on the roof terrace, which had stunning views over the habour, and then we all made our way inside for a delicious Chinese dinner.  JP was able to join up with us later so it was lovely to see him!


I had a wonderful time in Hong Kong. Anita is my oldest friend in the world so I was so happy to see her. She and JP made me feel so much at home and completely spoiled me, as always! Looking forward to seeing them again soon!

Snacks for the plane: Iced Honey Green Tea, Icey Mooncake with Red Bean and Green Tea with White Bean Paste and Sesame Sweet with Peanut.

Next stop: Singapore!

2 comments:

  1. mooncakes!!! how jealous am I?? very. the answer to that is very.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help but think of you when I saw the mooncakes, Liora!

      Delete